Terms & Conditions of Business
DNC Electronics advertises its ability to offer repairs, service exchange and parts for the cnc machine tool industry. All prices and items listed in the pages on this site are correct at the time of publish, though are subject to change and DNC Electronics will not be held accountable for any misunderstanding of the precedant terms and conditions.
All quotations are made and accepted subject only to the following terms and conditions which are to the extent permitted by law to the exclusion of all other guarantees, conditions and warranties (including as to the quality of fitness for any particular purpose) whether express or implied by statute common law or otherwise. In the event of customer’s orders containing terms or conditions inconsistent with these terms of trading these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- No additions to or variation from these terms and conditions shall have effect unless the same is expressly accepted by the company in writing under the hand of a Director of the company.
- The company’s catalogue price lists and other advertising matter shall not form part of any contact between the company and it’s customers.
- The company reserves the right to modify the designs and specifications without prior notification.
- All orders for goods shall be deemed to be an offer by the customer to purchase goods pursuant to these conditions.
- The company reserves the right to accept or refuse orders.
- All orders must be accompanied by sufficient information to enable the company to proceed with the order forth with otherwise the company will be at liberty the quoted price to cover any increase in cost which has taken place after acceptance.
- The customer shall inspect the goods on receipt of delivery and shall within five working days of the date of the invoice give notice in writing to the company of any matter whereof the customer alleges that the goods are not in accordance with the contract. Should the customer fail to give such notice the goods shall in all respects be deemed to be in accordance with the contract and time shall be the essence of this sub clause.
Delivery and carriage
- Any times quoted for delivery shall approximate.
- Delivery of the goods shall be made the customer’s address on the delivery date. The customer shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
The goods are sold at the prices ruling at the delivery date not with standing any quotations (or estimates) previously made.
Passing of property
- Risk on goods passes on delivery of but title remains with the company until all monies due from the customer to the company are paid. The company reserves the right to recover and repossess goods and dispose of goods as it sees fit in the event of payment not being made pursuant to the terms hereof.
- The company shall be entitled to repossess or call for redelivery of the goods at the customers expense if the customer shall commit an act of bankruptcy, have an Administrator or an Administrative Receiver appointed over it’s business undertaking, enter into liquidation whether voluntary or compulsory (save for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction of a solvent limited company) cease to trade or if the company has reason to have serious doubts as to the customers solvency.
- The customer shall be responsible for all loss or damage to the goods occasioned whilst the said goods are in it’s custody.
Damages or loss in transit
When the price quoted includes delivery the company will replace free of charge goods damaged or loss in transit provided the company receives written notification in the case of damage within three days of receipt of the goods and in the case of loss within fourteen days of the invoice date in respect of such goods and time is the essence of this clause.
Payment by account
- Payment in full of the price plus VAT (if applicable) is due 30 days from the date on which an invoice in respect of those goods is raised.
- The price shall be the price set out overleaf. The price is exclusive of VAT which shall be due at the rate ruling on the date of the company’s invoice.
- Interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at rate of 2% per month and shall accrue at such rate after as well as before any judgment.
- Any account which is overdue by 45 days or more will be placed on credit hold and any account overdue by 60 days or more shall have credit facilities withdrawn. The company will charge to the customer the legal expenses incurred in the collection of overdue accounts.
Warranties and liability
- The goods are warranted for 180 days from the date of the invoice for service exchange items and repairs. For new items these are warranted for one or two year against failure in respect of loss or damage arising solely from faulty materials used by the company or the defective workmanship of the company and the company’s liability in respect thereof shall be limited to replacement of the goods or at the option of the company a credit to the customer of a sum to be agreed but in no case exceeding the price and all other warranties or terms relating to fitness for purpose merchantability or condition of the goods and whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded.
- In all cases otherwise agreed in writing the goods found to be defective shall be returned immediately by the customer to the company’s premises for inspection (see section Returned Goods). Upon confirmation of the defective goods the company will replace and deliver the goods free of charge.
- Nothing herein shall impose any liability upon the company in respect in any loss or damage consequential or otherwise in relation or arising out of goods found to be defective or attributable directly or indirectly to be acts omissions negligence or default of the customer or the customer’s servants or agents.
- If the company is held to be legally liable for any breech of this contract or shall become legally to the customer in any way whatsoever the liability shall in no circumstance exceed the aggregate of the contract price.
- Certain parts such as consumables; i.e. power transistor modules, fuses and membranes are supplied with no warranty.
- Motors are supplied with limited warranties. Externally caused damage to the motor through exposure to liquid and snapping or damaging the shaft due to over use is also not covered.
Service Exchange & Core Exchange returns:
Faulty parts must be returned in economically repairable and undamaged physical condition, as well not interfered with in anyway. Any core credit’s (deposit) will only be refunded on receipt of the above faulty parts being returned in the condition(s) stipulated. Part refunds maybe offered dependent on damage or condition. If parts are not returned or returned in a condition that is not repairable then warranty is void on the supplied by ourselves.
- If goods are returned as faulty and in fact are not faulty as claimed the company will levy restock charges as below.
- Goods which are returned due to cancellation or customer error will only be accepted for return at the discretion of the company. To be accepted they must be returned within 14 days (10 working days) from date of invoice and if accepted will be subject to a re-stocking fee of 50% of the goods value. 25% if parts are returned in the sealed box they left in. Goods so returned must be in original packing and must be in original condition.
- The company shall not be liable to reimburse carriage costs for returning goods.
- Any goods which are returned to the company and received in a damaged condition due to inadequate packaging the company shall not be obliged to repair or replace them under warranty.
- All parts must be returned within 10 working days from order date, unless an extension is agreed with the company.
Delivery costs will be charged at the discretion of the company.
In the event of delivery being suspended or delayed due to any event, which is beyond the reasonable control of the company, the time allowed for delivery shall be correspondingly extended and the company shall not be liable for any loss or damage of whatsoever nature cause by such suspension or delay in delivery.
Proper law of contract
This contract is subject to the law of England and Wales and shall be construed accordingly.